Dad, I was never your Son!


 

You called me Princess, you called me doll

& when I was growing up you called me superwoman,

I loved it all as it was so much fun,

But you never called me your son

 

You never called me your son

As that would have meant that sons are better

But for you the difference never mattered

 

It didn’t matter whether I wear frock or I wear shorts

Whether I play with doll or with cars

On my graduation, you opened a bottle of scotch from your bar

 

Whether it was an adventure sport or a trip to Iraq

You encouraged me to pursue all the things

I didnt see many girls at these places

Because it was their fathers who didn’t give them the wings

 

I don’t say it enough, but I am really thankful

For not only giving me this life but letting me live the life

I am not your son neither I want to be

For you taught me that a good kid is what I should be

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here I go again!

Tap Beer Syndrome